Legal insurance for members of the Norwegian Union of Commerce and Office Employees (HK)
As a member of Handel og Kontor, you already have access to legal assistance from LO’s lawyers for employment issues, but with Legal Insurance, your membership also covers assistance for most private matters where you may need the help of a lawyer.
Legal Insurance is provided by HELP Forsikring, which have lawyers on staff, ready to help you when you need it.
Members with Legal Insurance get:
- Legal assistance for:
- Family law
- Parental disputes
- Inheritance law
- Consumer law
- Property ownership (not buying and selling houses/property)
- Offensive online publishing
- Driver’s license confiscation for private driving
- 15 hours of legal consulting services per year
- Coverage for legal costs up to NOK 2 million if the case goes to court. This includes all legal costs, including your own and any court-ordered legal costs.
- As a paying member, you pay no deductible – the union covers this.
The policy applies to the member, his/her spouse/domestic partner and children under 20 years of age living at home. In the event of a domestic dispute, the insurance applies to the person who is a member of HK.
This policy applies only to matters governed by Norwegian, Swedish and Danish law and which are under Norwegian, Swedish or Danish jurisdiction. Expenses for interpreters are not covered by this insurance.