HK in English
The Norwegian Union of Commerce and Office Employees (HK) will be introducing Legal Insurance as a new collective membership benefit from the 1st of November 2017. That means your membership will now give you access to legal assistance whenever you need it, also for private matters.
As a member, you already have access to legal assistance from LO’s lawyers for employment issues, but with this new Legal Insurance, your membership will also cover assistance for most private matters where you may need the help of a lawyer. Legal Insurance is provided by HELP Forsikring AS, which have lawyers on staff, ready to help you when you need it.
Legal Insurance is for all union members, and you do not have to do anything to be covered by the policy. From November, you will have this insurance as part of your membership in HK. There will be no additional costs for the use of legal services through this insurance policy.
Members with Legal Insurance get:
- Legal assistance for:
- Family law
- Parental disputes
- Inheritance law
- Consumer law
- Property ownership (not buying and selling houses/property)
- Offensive online publishing
- Driver’s license confiscation for private driving
- 15 hours of legal consulting services per year
- Coverage for legal costs up to NOK 2 million if the case goes to court. This includes all legal costs, including your own and any court-ordered legal costs.
- As a paying member, you pay no deductible – the union covers this.
The policy applies to the member, his/her spouse/domestic partner and children under 20 years of age living at home. In the event of a domestic dispute, the insurance applies to the person who is a member of HK.
This policy applies only to matters governed by Norwegian, Swedish and Danish law and which are under Norwegian, Swedish or Danish jurisdiction. Expenses for interpreters are not covered by this insurance.